Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Ben has been cutting up lengths of timber for the external cladding on the back wall.
The new bay window at the front of the house looks lovely.
All the rotten wood is gone, the front weatherboards are new and the old stucco has been pulled off and will be replaced.
The sashless double hung windows are now installed upstairs.
The tank is right at the back sliding doors that lead into the living room.
The deck will be built over the top ...
Sunday, February 22, 2009
In fact there has been heaps of progress. It's just that my camera battery has been flat, or I've left my camera at the office, or I've done a quick look and dash the last few times I've visited the site.
So to fill you in :
- Windows are in - the glass bits I mean.
- The weather boards on the front of the house, which were rotten, have been replaced. Looks fab
- The bay window in Eliza's new room has been replaced. Incredible.
- The box gutters and downpipes are in.
- The joiner is making good progress with all the cupboards off site.
- James has selected the limestone for the benchtops. They winched huge slabs of stone so he could select the perfect colour for our house.
- Some of the new internal doors have arrived on site. Beautiful.
- An old Italian guy is making the staircase.
- The form work has gone in that massive hole, for the tank.
- New oven ordered.
- New bathroom stuff - toilets, taps, shower base have arrived.
- The plasterer starts this week - so we'll have walls! Exciting.
Yes mum and dad, your room will be ready.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
It's been a pleasure to choose the colours for our house and incredibly easy. James and I have not disagreed on any selection. We are remarkably together on every choice!
We've selected carpet, tiles and paint colours for the doors, walls, ceilings, skirting and architraves. We've chosen beautiful French limestone for the kitchen bench tops and bathroom vanities, lovely bathroom tiles as well as dark timber and blue grey limestone for the floors... not forgetting a splash of colour and fun in the upholstery.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Our gorgeous neighbour Alfredo turned 80 yesterday!
I can't believe it actually. He doesn't look it one little bit. Must be the grappa he has with his espresso every day.
The view from our bedroom is awesome! We showed Pina and Alfredo this pic today and Alfredo was very proud of how his shed looked!
Not too late for you to build a shed you know.
He can't get over the fact we'll park our cars on the street so we can preserve our backyard as a garden. At least we've got fruit trees and some veggies. He hasn't complained about the white nectarines, apricots or artichokes we've handed over the fence.
The bedroom has a beautiful feel about it. The curved wall is sensational and you do feel like you're floating in the trees. Not a bad outlook when you think we're 10 mins from the city!