Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sorry House ... I've been neglecting you

Just because haven't been blogging doesn't mean there's nothing happenning at the house.
In fact there has been heaps of progress. It's just that my camera battery has been flat, or I've left my camera at the office, or I've done a quick look and dash the last few times I've visited the site.
So to fill you in :
  • Windows are in - the glass bits I mean.
  • The weather boards on the front of the house, which were rotten, have been replaced. Looks fab
  • The bay window in Eliza's new room has been replaced. Incredible.
  • The box gutters and downpipes are in.
  • The joiner is making good progress with all the cupboards off site.
  • James has selected the limestone for the benchtops. They winched huge slabs of stone so he could select the perfect colour for our house.
  • Some of the new internal doors have arrived on site. Beautiful.
  • An old Italian guy is making the staircase.
  • The form work has gone in that massive hole, for the tank.
  • New oven ordered.
  • New bathroom stuff - toilets, taps, shower base have arrived.
  • The plasterer starts this week - so we'll have walls! Exciting.
Ben says he's going hell for leather to get the house finished by the end of March. He knows my folks are coming down from QLD in early April to stay!
Yes mum and dad, your room will be ready.