Thursday, April 16, 2009

The joy of ... hard plaster

I am completely in love with the hard plaster in our kitchen.
I dropped into the house today and saw it for myself.

James says it's butt kicking.
I don't think that's actually an architectural description.

The plaster - It's slick ... but so solid.
The texture radiates sophistication and quality.
We'll wax it as a final finish, creating a beautiful natural lustre.

No pics (sorry)
Didn't have my camera on me.

Ben, bless him, has also installed the firebox in the fireplace and the stairs to the studio are in too. He's working frantically to get it all done! He's on the job 7 days a week. And the house is full of tradies - plastering, painting, plumbing....

And they all drive black utes! What's with that??

1 comment:

White Dove said...

Never heard of hard plaster before. Will be interested to see the finish. Sounds as if things are coming together in a RUSH. As for the black ute thing.....well they've gotta have something to make life worth living !! xx